Tour


The first clubhouse at Mt. Hope was built in 1897 and much of the original structure remains in use today. The design was the work of renowned New York City architect Robert H. Robertson. It’s been widely rumored that Stanford White, who was also a member, collaborated with Robertson on the design. This may be true as the resemblance to White’s design for the Shinnecock Hills clubhouse is striking.

Click on the image gallery below to begin the tour.